Planning Your Will and Special Gifts
Where there’s a will … Give it a way.
Ways to Give
As you consider various ways to give, we would be happy to provide more information and explain the significant tax advantages available to you:
- BEQUEST: Simply include language in your Will to specify a gift to be made—either as a dollar amount or as a percentage of assets.
- SPECIAL GIFTS: Leave charitable gifts of real estate, stocks, bonds or other assets.
- TRUST OR ANNUITY: Create a Trust or Annuity to provide lifetime income for you or a loved one and then pass remaining assets to charity.
- LIFE INSURANCE: If you are maintaining coverage that you or your family no longer need, just change the beneficiary—or gift the paid-up policy now.
- RETIREMENT PLAN ASSETS, IRA: You may indicate a charitable organization as the beneficiary of your retirement account
The Importance of Having a Will
Creating a Will is an essential part of faithful stewardship. If you die without a Will, the handling of your estate and distribution of your assets will be determined by the state.
AFTER YOUR LIFETIME, YOUR WILL IS THE ONLY WAY TO ENSURE:
- Careful handling of your assets according to your values.
- Fulfillment of your charitable giving intentions.
How We Can Help
The Catholic Foundation of Northern Colorado can help you plan your Will, including the opportunity for special gifts that you may not be able to create on your own.
Confidential consultation with Foundation staff regarding your financial and charitable intentions.
- Creation of a special family fund or endowment at The Catholic Foundation—or a contribution to one of our existing funds—if you desire that as part of your legacy.
- Referral to financial and legal advisors who share our Catholic faith.
Leave a legacy of what matters most to you.
THOUGHTFULLY PLANNING YOUR WILL AND SPECIAL GIFTS CAN ADDRESS YOUR PERSONAL CONCERNS AND GOALS TO:
- Secure an inheritance for your loved ones and leave a legacy of your faith to pass along your values.
- Bless future generations of Catholics just as you have been blessed by the generosity of those who came before you.
- Appoint a guardian for your minor children—especially one who shares your Catholic faith and values.
- Experience the joy of giving that comes from directing funds to the causes that matter to you most.
Do not hesitate to give alms; you will be storing up a goodly treasure for yourself.
Wisely manage the nest egg that God has entrusted to you.
THE CATHOLIC FOUNDATION CAN HELP YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FINANCIAL BENEFITS THAT:
- Ease the distribution of your assets and minimize taxes.
- Plan special gifts with tax advantages you may not be able to create on your own.
- Simplify charitable gift distributions through the Foundation as a single point of contact.
- Assure morally responsible management of assets you entrust to the Foundation, in full compliance with the doctrine of the Catholic Church.
- Gain a layer of legal protection and professional accountability under the Foundation’s separate 501(c)(3) charity status.
You are being enriched in every way for all generosity, which through us produces thanksgiving to God.
2 CORINTHIANS 9:11
Strengthen our parishes and our Catholic community through your charitable giving.
SPIRITUALLY YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Ensure the enduring ministry of your Parish.
- Support Catholic ministries that give everyday witness to the hope of Heaven and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Help answer the prayer of someone who is asking the Lord to meet their needs.
- Provide an outward expression of our faith through your thoughtful gifts.
- Partner with The Catholic Foundation in confidence that our staff and services are aligned with your faith and values.
Give alms. Provide money bags for yourselves that do not wear out, an inexhaustible treasure in Heaven.
To learn more about Planning your Will and Special Gifts, please give us a call at 303.468.9885 or send an email using our Contact Form.