Find the key to a generous life when you … Give it a way.
How It Works
A Donor-Advised Account for Catholics helps you easily give funds to the causes that matter to you most.
- Start your account at The Catholic Foundation with a simple agreement that can be completed in minutes.
- Contribute assets to your account as an individual, family or corporation—or transfer assets from another foundation or donor-advised fund.
- Recommend charitable gift distributions from your account to Catholic parishes, schools, seminaries, apostolates or other nonprofit organizations.
- Enjoy peace of mind that your account will be professionally managed by the Foundation’s morally-responsible investment policies.
- Receive special tax advantages and an immediate charitable tax deduction for each contribution to your account.
- Experience the joy of giving while The Catholic Foundation handles the paperwork.
Experience the joy of giving—multiplied with each gift.
BY OPENING A DONOR-ADVISED ACCOUNT YOU CAN PERSONALLY:
- Experience the joy of giving that comes from directing your funds to the causes that matter to you most.
- Provide a lasting tribute to your commitment to your faith and family.
- Have the option to pass on to your children the right to recommend distributions from your account.
- Save or build up funds in your account for larger gifts, and take the time you need to evaluate giving opportunities. Then when you are ready to give, simply recommend the amounts and recipients.
For it is in giving that we receive.
ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI
As a good steward, achieve peace of mind that your treasure is managed to reflect your values.
YOU WILL ALSO REALIZE MANY FINANCIAL BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Assure morally responsible and professional portfolio management in full compliance with the doctrine of the Catholic Church.
- Take advantage of zero set-up costs and eliminate capital gains taxes on gifts of appreciated assets such as stocks, bonds or real estate.
- Receive charitable tax deductions for the fair-market value of the assets you contribute.
- Simplify your charitable giving records and tax returns.
Use your wealth as the Most High has commanded; this will do you more good than keeping your money for yourself.
Strengthen our parishes and our Catholic community through your charitable giving.
SPIRITUALLY YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
Ensure the enduring ministry of your Parish.
- Support Catholic ministries that give everyday witness to the hope of Heaven and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Help answer the prayer of someone who is asking the Lord to meet their needs.
- Provide an outward expression of our faith through your thoughtful gifts.
- Partner with The Catholic Foundation in confidence that our staff and services are aligned with your faith and values.
Be generous, ready to share, thus accumulating as treasure a good foundation for the future, so as to win the life that is true life.
I TIMOTHY 6:18-19
Advantages of a Donor-Advised Account
A Donor-Advised Account provides you with a turnkey solution to fulfill your giving goals. Consider the advantages when compared to a traditional investment portfolio or family foundation:
Professional and morally-responsible management of investments with expert Foundation oversight.
Your personal or paid investment management process with possible investments in entities contrary to our Catholic faith.
Giving may be recorded in your name or remain absolutely anonymous, according to the timing and amounts that you desire.
Family foundation tax returns are public record, and require distributions of at least 5% of the fund value each year.
Charitable tax deduction up to 50% of adjusted gross income when you contribute assets, regardless of when they are distributed.
Only up to 30% when you deposit assets into a family foundation.
Cost-efficient account administration through The Catholic Foundation.
Family foundations must bear all administrative costs.
Distribution requests are handled by experienced Foundation staff who are fellow Catholics, available also to help you evaluate giving opportunities.
You must establish a process yourself, to evaluate and respond to giving opportunities.
To learn more about Donor-Advised Accounts, please give us a call or contact us.