The Catholic Foundation Alliance
To inspire and facilitate financial planning and giving that promotes the Gospel, transforms lives and glorifies God.
To develop resources to enhance the outreach for ministries of the Archdiocese of Denver.
Marketing and Communications
No direct reports
This is an exempt, full-time position
The Event Coordinator will be responsible to plan and manage all aspects of various events to produce revenue and generate publicity for the Alliance, with a focus on Holy Family High School. Ensures Alliance’s deliverables meet deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, oversees and coordinates all logistics for events including, but not limited to, venue, decorations, attendee list, entertainment, food, etc., to ensure events run smoothly and achieve desired goals and are consistent with the mission and Catholic teachings.
- Develops, implements and adheres to effective event planning timelines and ensures deadlines are met.
- Evaluates, selects and negotiates contracts with vendors for events.
- Prepares and administers budget within established guidelines.
- Works with marketing and communication team to ensure all pre- and post-event communications to ensure consistent and appropriate messaging.
- Coordinates registration and attendee tracking, including ensuring invitees and attendees are accurately tracked and entered into agency database.
- Directs volunteers and acts as team lead for staff for event execution.
- Assists in securing sponsorships as appropriate and as needed.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Ensures accurate and complete records are maintained.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Visits venues and delivers supplies as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and oversees implementation of program policies, procedures and objectives.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to The Catholic Foundation Alliance and Holy Family High Schools vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects the commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations/boards/committees for the benefit of the program.
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and execute creative, fundraising events from concept through post –event evaluation.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate and include volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, both interpersonally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Alliance / Holy Family staff and with a diverse client base.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Critical thinking skills are vital in addition to analytical problem-solving skills.
- Thrive under pressure, and embrace change, as this position is often demanding.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker, a decision-maker, and an implementer.
- Strong business acumen, communication skills and drive.
- Ability to remember schedules, programs, policies and other details.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook to maintain calendars, compose correspondence and reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from accredited four-year college, preferable in business administration or marketing, and three to five years related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required.